Inside Chamber Music 2017
Each spring we offer our “Inside Chamber Music” class taught by Hamilton Cheifetz. Aimed at both enthusiastic chamber music beginners and seasoned devotees, this popular class explores chamber music past and present from the perspectives of performers, composers, and listeners alike.
The course includes enlightening and informative classes, live, up-close and personal performances, a behind the scenes look at chamber music rehearsals and coaching sessions, and discounted tickets to concerts.
Inside Chamber Music 2017:
Classes are on Monday nights at 5:30 - 7:00 pm for 8 consecutive weeks beginning on April 3rd.
Lincoln Recital Hall (Room 75), PSU
April 3, 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8, 15, & 22
This spring’s ICM classes will include:
• Open rehearsals of piano quintets by Mozart and Schumann with the Florestan Trio and Kenji Bunch
• Coaching Schubert Quintet in C Major, Brahms Trio in B Major and Shostakovich Quartet in C minor
• Open rehearsal of Shostakovich Sonata for Cello and Piano with Julia Hwakyu Lee
• Coaching, open rehearsal and performances of pieces for cello ensemble (2-8 celli)
• Open rehearsal of Schubert “Arpeggione” Sonata and Chopin Piano and Cello Sonata with Julia Hwakyu Lee
• Open rehearsal of Kodaly Duo for Violin and Cello with Carol Sindell