Inside Chamber Music
Each spring we offer our “Inside Chamber Music” class taught by Hamilton Cheifetz. Aimed at both enthusiastic chamber music beginners and seasoned devotees, this popular class explores chamber music past and present from the perspectives of performers, composers, and listeners alike.
The course includes enlightening and informative classes, live, up-close and personal performances, a behind the scenes look at chamber music rehearsals and coaching sessions, and discounted tickets to concerts. Call 503.224.9842 for more information.
The 2014 Inside Chamber Music class will be on Mondays (note, new day this year) from 5:30 - 7:00 pm, March 31 - May 19, 2014.
Registration is now open.
Register online or call 503.224.9842
Highlights of the 2014 class include:
• Duos for viola and cello with Brian Quincey
• Chamber music for oboe, flute, strings, and harpsichord with Karen Strand, Sydney Carlson, and Carol Sindell
• Russian sonatas for cello and piano by Prokofiev and Rachmaninov with Janet Guggenheim
• A lecture/demonstration of major and minor keys featuring the first two solo cello suites by Bach as well as the Spanish-flavored Suite by Cassadó
• Coaching of the Metropolitan Youth Symph. String Quartet on the Dvorak “American” Quartet
Read an interview with Hamilton Cheifetz about his love of chamber music and the Inside Chamber Music class.