Our spectacular 2016-17 Season
Season tickets are now on sale for the spectacular 2016-17 season! This year we welcome back some audience favorites and introduce other artists to Portland for the first time. Here are a few highlights of the season:
- • An international array of vocalists and ensembles from Germany, Czech Republic, Denmark, Canada, and Hungary, as well as the U.S.
- • Four Vocal Arts Series concerts including two solo vocal recitals and two vocal ensemble concerts (more than FOCM has ever presented in one season)
- • A return visit by Pacifica Quartet, this time with German-Canadian cellist Johannes Moser, performing cello quintets by Julia Wolfe and Schubert
- • The Canadian nine-piece string ensemble collectif9 coming to Portland for the first time to perform at Alberta Rose Theatre with amplification and special lighting
- • Quartet San Francisco collaborating with guitarist Alex de Grassi for a fun, eclectic program full of music from jazz to tango, pop to funk, blues to bluegrass, and gypsy swing to big band!